Instructions for removable braces
- Wear the brace more than 14 hours a day (also during sleep), unless Mrs. Arlt tells you otherwise.
- While eating the braces should be removed and stored in their associated box! (Most removable devices fall out while eating.)
- Clean the braces twice a day with toothpaste and toothbrush. Use warm, not hot water. Brushing removes the stains and unpleasant odors. Purification tablets may also be used 1 time per week for 10 minutes, but they don’t replace the brushing by hand.
- If the braces are not in your mouth they should always be stored in their associated box. Pets love braces!
- In the beginning it will be difficult to talk with the braces applied. The more you practice to speak, the faster you will succeed.
- Removable braces are fragile so you should handle them carefully. If they break or get lost, call us immediately! New braces are expensive, so please take care of them.
- For problems or questions about the braces please call us. Don’t try to bend the braces yourself.
- Bring your braces with you to every appointment
- During sports you should not wear your braces
- Keep the brace away from hot water, the laundry machine and napkins.
Instructions for cemented expanding-devices
- Turn the screw, as indicated. Insert the key into the hole of the expanding screw, turn one hole in the direction of the palate and remove the key again.
- If you can not make the agreed appointment, you should not continue turning the screw.
Taking care of braces
To guarantee success of the treatment plan the patient must cooperate with the orthodontist. The teeth and jaws can only moved if the patient wears is the rubber bands, headgear or other devices like he is told to. Damaged appliances lengthen the treatment period.